It is no secret that Americans are overweight. With countless hours spent behind a desk and easily accessible amounts of fast food, who wouldn’t be? Losing those extra pounds, let alone losing them quickly, can be a bit of a challenge. Many people have tried fad diet after fad diet, spent some time at the gym, or even looked into supplements to solve their weight loss woes. However, if you really want quick weight loss tips (that don’t ruin your health), there are just two things to consider – eating less and exercising more. Here are some quick weight loss tips that can help you realistically add these two factors into your regular schedule.
The basic foundation of quick weight loss tips boils down to the idea of eating less. In general, your body needs food to survive. Food provides the nutrients needed for bodily functions. It also provides the calories needed for energy. However, many people have fallen into the trap of eating many more calories than their bodies need to function. When this happens, the extra calories that are taken in are stored as fat. Just how do you eat less? Here are some quick weight loss tips for easting less:
- Avoid the midnight snack. Try not to eat after 7 pm at night. Foods eaten after this time tend to sit in the digestive track all night. Since you do not burn as many calories while sleeping, all of those late night calories are converted into fat.
- Watch your portions. When it comes to portion control, many Americans have no idea what a serving really is. And these days, many restaurants offer super-sized options, making quick weight loss tips hard to follow. Avoid the upsize and cut portions down, and you will find it easier to eat less.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You might think that eating would go against the philosophy of quick weight loss tips, but it is important to eat breakfast. After all, your body still needs energy to function, and it has been at least 10 hours since you last put food into your body. Eating a healthy, reasonable-sized breakfast can give you the energy you need, as well as fill you up so you can resist the urge to eat fatty snacks later.
- Watch your snacks. Grabbing a handful of chips here and a chocolate chip cookie there is a surefire way to pile on extra calories. Try to avoid snacks when you can, and when you can’t, try to choose healthier options like a piece of fruit.
The other basic tenant of healthy quick weight loss tips can boil down to the idea of exercising more. The more you exercise, the more efficient your body becomes at burning those extra calories. Plus, you will often find that you will have more energy and feel better just by adding a little exercise to your routine. Don’t worry – you don’t have to go and sign up for the Boston Marathon. Here are some quick weight loss tips to help you add extra exercise to your day.
- Make prime time exercise time. Some quick weight loss tips involve adding exercise to your TV watching schedule. If you just sit there watching TV, you are burning very few calories. Instead, consider walking around the room while you watch or use the commercial breaks as a chance to crank out a few fast paced sit-ups or pushups. Any extra activity you can get into your TV hour is better than none.
- Walk your dog. While this quick weight loss tip involves owning a dog, the technique can be done alone, with your kids, or with your significant other. Even an extra block added to your walk, or an extra walk added into the day, can help to burn extra calories.
- Use the stairs. Forget the elevator in your apartment building or at the office. Climbing up and down the stairs instead is a great way to incorporate quick weight loss tips for exercise into your routine.
- Add weights. The best quick weight loss tip is to add weights to your exercise routine. Adding weights helps to build muscle, which in turn helps you to burn calories more efficiently. This means burning more fat, allowing you to melt away those pounds quickly.
These are just a sample of some quick weight loss tips that you can add to your routine easily. The best time to start improving your health and losing weight is today! Pick one or two and add them into your routine, and you will soon see the pounds start to melt away.
By Drake Mcall, sponsored by HealthLife.com. HealthLife provides information about quick weight loss tips, weight loss, motivation, dating, personal development and other health information to help you live a better, healthier life. Get 10 FREE Exercise Videos that Melt Fat and Reshape Your Body Fast!
Article Source: ArticleSpan